Monday 13 May 2013

Studying

Yep, you heard me, STUDYING. This one little word puts the fear of God in just about everyone, young and old, and let me tell you, it really does.

If you're anything like me, then you probably only care about exams until they're about a week away, then its panic station! But, if you took a teeny tiny step back for a second, you could easily study for a test in a week. And here's how i do it :)



1. No matter what happens NEVER LEAVE STUDYING TO THE NIGHT BEFORE! Trust me if you do then you're in a coffee fuelled panic attack and staying up until about 2am rocking in a corner with a book in your hand, this is never good.

2. Break up what you're studying into tiny chunks, whether its by pages, or by paragraphs, just breaking it up can make it seem not so daunting.

3. Never panic. The worst thing a teacher can say to you is you have to repeat, and even then, repeating is not the end of the world.

4. Revise for about 30 mins then take a 5 min break, that way you are rewarding yourself for that half hour of REAL studying. If you want over the course of time you have you can increase it to 45mins to 1hr ,or if you're a serious nutcase, 2hrs, then take a break.

5. This one is optional, but it has worked for me. Let's just use me for an example, I would study upstairs in a little sofa in a corner, I would turn off my phone and leave it in the kitchen (obviously hiding it, who wants to go and get it back to find their parents are snooping through your texts? Nightmare!) That way I have no distractions from what I'm doing.

And Ta-dah!!!! Now you have the basic steps of studying, but of course you can work these around yourself and if you could give me some tips to improve my own I'd love it :)

See? Studying isn't soo bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment